Why does swapple.me collect personal information?
Swapple.me collects personal information to:
- process and manage registration of users;
- provide services to you;
- identify, create and provide other benefits, discounts and promotional offers to our registered users some of which may be provided by or in conjunction with other companies;
What personal information does swapple.me collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that swapple.me collects and holds includes:
- contact information including address, email addresses, phone numbers;
- personal information of family members, including children;
- the childcare service you use;
- in relation to childcare centres, the users of your child care;
- other information reasonably required for the purpose of providing services to you and developing promotional offers and other benefits for our registered users.
How does swapple.me collect information?
Swapple.me collects personal information through:
- registration (online and offline);
- online profile;
- personal information of others provided by registered users;
- lists provided by childcare centres;
- direct contact with registered users online (ie through feedback, responses to promotional offers);
- direct contact with registered users offline (ie through phone conversations, use of help or support services); and
- the provision of services, discounts, promotional offers and other privileges for our registered users.
Swapple.me takes reasonable steps to keep all personal information secure and to protect that personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a variety of industry standard security measures to protect Personal Information including secure servers, firewalls and encryption technology.
If swapple.me determines that personal information is no longer needed for any purpose, swapple.me will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information, unless swapple.me is required by law or a court / tribunal order to retain the information.
When using the swapple.me website you should be aware that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although swapple.me strives to protect such information, swapple.me does not warrant the security of any information transmitted to it over the internet. Any information transmitted to swapple.me over the internet is done so at the risk of the person or organisation transmitting the information.
We may send a cookie to enable us to:
- recognise your computer the next time you visit;
- measure traffic patterns or transaction patterns; and
- analyse how the Site is being used.
We do this so that we can improve our website and the services we provide. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information and you can control whether you receive cookies through your browser settings.
We log IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information.
What if I do not wish to provide personal information?
Unless required by law, you can choose not to provide personal information. You can also choose not to identify yourself when dealing with swapple.me.
However, if personal information is not provided or you do not identify yourself, swapple.me may not be able to effectively provide you with services or benefits.
How does swapple.me use and disclose personal information?
Swapple.me uses personal information for the purposes for which information is collected. This includes for the purpose of providing you with the services, products or information you have requested from our website including;
- to create an account for you if you have registered with us;
- for administration and support purposes;
- to inform you of updates to the software;
- to evaluate and improve our service to you;
- to contact you when required;
- to provide you with promotional and other offers if you have opted into receiving such information; and
- to compile anonymous statistical demographic information on the use of our system
Swapple.me may disclose personal information to any person or organisation for the purposes of fulfilling its legal requirements or any other Australian Law or court/tribunal order.
Swapple.me may disclose personal information to the following persons, organisations or types of organisations for the purposes of providing commercial, promotional and other benefits and information to its registered users where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with our services or where a user has opted in to receive such communications:
- information systems and technology companies;
- childcare centres;
- market research companies;
- commercial companies;
- consultants; and
What if I do not want my personal information to be disclosed?
If you do not want your personal information to be disclosed swapple.me will endeavour to accommodate this request provided that disclosure is not required by law.
However, if your personal information is not disclosed to swapple.me, swapple.me might not be able to effectively provide you with certain services or benefits.
Access, Corrections, Complaints and Further Information
When swapple.me receives complaints regarding a breach such as that identified above, swapple.me will review and respond to the complaint within a reasonable period after receipt of the complaint.
If any person requires information about the way the swapple.me manages his or her personal information or has any queries, problems or complaints the person should contact swapple.me on the details below.